Thursday, May 7, 2009

Idea gone wrong...

I was out doing my weekly thrift store search...aka treasure hunt...and came across this little guy.
At the D.I....for...are you ready for this...$0.75. I opened it and realized there was another smaller little container, and then I opened that one and the same thing. I NEVER really pulled it all out, just realized there was more than one inside.

My idea: Paint them different colors to match Maycie's new room (that she will someday hopefully have)...pink, brown, tan, creme....and then find cute polka dot ribbon or something to line the outer lip of each lid with. Stack them, and then tie them with a large ribbon to put on a shelf or something.

Ca-Ute! huh!

Well, I get home, ready to start my little project...and I pull them out to paint them, and I find this......





Ah man! He is pretty darn cute and would look extremely well on my new shelf during the Holidays. Now I am deciding on whether or not I like Mr. Snowman, or prefer to introduce him to pink paint and polka dot ribbon!?

2 comments:

  1. As much as it pains you to have me say this...I think Mr. Snowman must stay. He is just too stinkin' cute!!! I'm sure that there will be other boxes to be painted pink, brown, etc. And if not, well, you got a dang cute snowman for 75 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute! Both ideas I like! So that is a hard one to choose from! Hey tell your husband sorry he didn't know about my last blog entry. I deleted it so I apologize for the anxiety that it caused him. Hope all is well! And we'll see you at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete