Thursday, October 22, 2009

Witchcraft & Wizardry

i always get overwhelmed each holiday season on decorating my house. i came up with a personal plan that each holiday i can buy one decoration and make one. that way, over a few years, i will have a bunch of decor...some i am sure will go outdated though.

as halloween is drawing closer, i realized that i hadn't made a decoration yet. i seen this on a different blog and thought it was too cute. i bought an old book at a thrift store (.99 cents), mod podged paper on it, printed off the label, wrapped with some funky yarn, and that's it. easy and cheap...my kind of craft.



i think it needs a friend. so i guess i need to make another one.

and, as i am writing this, i came up with another idea. buy a really big book and do the same thing for christmas only put "naughty or nice" on the front. yes, i am so doing that too. great on a shelf.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! For the Christmas one (I want to do one now!) You could use an old textbook you know you won't use anymore (and you refuse to sell it back for a couple of buck...no I am not bitter! lol) If you don't have one laying around (like I do!) they sell them for super cheap at DI! Great idea! SO cute, I might make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were your cannisters! And how funny that you painted, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CA-UTE! I love it! I may have to copy! Now all I need to do is get a bookshelf to put one on...he he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it turned out so stinkin good. I love it!!! I have to make mine right this second, yes, right now!!!

    ReplyDelete