Monday, February 8, 2010

check off list: bookshelf redo

i really think this bookshelf is cute. but, if you want to know a little secret...it is actually a secret door that leads to a different room....which i may reveal in the future (on my check off list). i hated/despised the way i had it decorated. fed up with it. so, tried again. more satisfied this time. still not quite right, but much better than before.

sorry, no before pictures. we aren't that good of friends. sorry, we just aren't.



i found this cute little blue bird at dollar tree. he makes a fine addition to the shelf and was welcomed warmly.


i found this topiary tree thingy in the clearance section at craft warehouse....only .80 cents. supposed to be for christmas, but it might be a year round one for me.


i also had this treasure box. before it was closed and just sitting there...bored. it wanted friends. so, i opened him. i think he looks much happier now. don't you?


4 comments:

  1. I was just there and didn't even notice! Sorry! I do like what you have done though...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a secret door? does it actually open? How fun is that. I thing it looks very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, but today when we were at your house I thought it was super brave to decorate it seeing as it is a secret door that does get opened frequently. My kids would have everything knocked off of it in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your treasures! LOVE THAT DOOR! I wish I had one that led to a secret padded room for Ethan.

    ReplyDelete