Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Booger, mama, booger!"

Our little man has had quite the problem not being able to keep his finger away from his nose. He is almost always picking his nose. When he has success in what he is digging for, he usually will bring it to me..."here, mama, here!" Hey, at least he will bring it to me...his sister just eats her treasures she finds in her nose. Yea, I'm gagging...are you gagging. I'll wait.....

Okay, we better now....good...let's move on. Yesterday Jaxon comes to me holding a bead (shown in picture) from Maycie's jewelry making set. "Go give it to Maycie, buddy." And he darts off. A few minutes goes by and comes back with a strange look on his face. "Booger, mama, booger." As the words, "go get a tissue so mommy can get it," is about to escape my tongue, I realize he just had a bead. By this time he is crying...no screaming is a better word to describe it. Flashlight, I need a flashligt. Found one. Sure enough, a pink bead stuck clear up his nose. Breath, breath, breath. Okay, what now? Find a plunger. Plunged once, no good. Plunged twice, no good. Crap. Breath, breath, breath. Okay, now what? Call dad at work. Dad says take him to the doctor/ER...or at least that is what I think he said...Jaxon was screaming too hard to hear very well. Put your clothes on. Hurry...breath....hurry...breath. As I am about to rush out the door (from a fly on the wall, you would have thought he was dying the way I was reacting), I remembered a conversation with my friend, Ashley, a while back. Okay, now what? Breath, breath, breath. Call Ashley. She shared a tip with me. Lay him on his back, plug the nostril that isn't clogged, and blow a puff of air into his mouth. Say what? Yup, it worked. I layed Jaxon on his back, plugged the nostril that wasn't clogged, and blew a puff of air into his mouth...well it was more like through his teeth because he was still screaming and fighting my trying to blow this bead out of his nose. First blow, half way out, second blow...here it came...along with a bunch of snot that shot all over the side of my face. Yummy!


So, next time your child shoves something up there nose...now you know how to get it out!

11 comments:

  1. haha oh man what an funny story. my sister has 4 kids.. every single on of them have stuffed stuff up their noses...
    from dog food to dandilions.
    we'll see what cole ends up putting up his nose..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! It has or is going to happen to us all. Tayson did that once but greatfully it wasn't up there that far so I was able to get it out by pulling my finger really hard down the side of his nose. Don't worry, you'll laugh about it soon, if you're not already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hillarious! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!!! So glad you got it out! :-) And thanks for the tip - Kiddo was walking around snorting and saying, "bee" and then "booger" (after I was like, "a bee? You mean a booger?") for an entire afternoon one day - same thing! Stinkin' pink beads!!! I did the no-no "help" though, and was able to get it out with some teensy tweezers once he blew it hard enough - neither of us wanted to wait for it to work the rest of the way out, and as long as it was no longer an ER-level issue, I didn't know a better way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are fun to read. Although my kids have not shoved something up their nose, a mother has plenty of those moments...we can learn so much from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love snot! Glad he was okay. My moment came when I was a little bit older, stuck a bead so far up during sacrament meeting that I had to go the emergency room, have my head strapped to a board and pull out with really long tweesers. blug :P Great job getting calm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boys will be boys, or should I say kids will be kids. THat is funny, now that everything is ok. Now I will know what to do if either of my kids ever stick anything up their noses. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so FUNNY! I couldn't stop laughing - - mainly because I have been in the same situation with Jarom, but I didn't know the trick and paid $500 for an ER visit! Next time I will try to blow it out - - Thanks! What's up with the new blog site? Did you have probs with the other?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey
    A while ago Em stuck a bead up her nose - and I called my mother-in-law who said to do the same thing - I tried and tried but it was way too far up her nose! I am glad it worked for Jaxon - now you have $400 to spend on something else!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, so it takes me a little longer to post sometimes, but that doesn't mean that I don't deserve to be cut off of your 'posting list'! :( I'm always looking for something to post! Brax doesn't do as much cute stuff as Jax and Mayc! So add me please? ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad I found you. I wondered where you had gone. I wish I'd known that trick when our oldest put a button up his nose. Darn! That's our $160 button story. Of course, now days it would be the "gold-plated button story"...lol.

    ReplyDelete