Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Your trash....my treasure!!

In hopes of one day being able to decorate a home, I have been searching for cheap, thrifty ways to decorate. I was at the D.I. dropping some of my "junk" off (in hopes that someone will find it and consider it a treasure!). I decided to walk in and take a breeze to see if there was anything worth while.

And then, our eyes met! I just knew I HAD to have it, especially with a small price tag of $2.
I just knew this wall piece had potential. Scroll down to see.....
















I painted the wood black. I touched up the 3 metal pieces with black spray paint. I mod podge scrap book paper to the 2 squares. I painted chip board letters black. I am thinking I want to make a clock out of the top square. The "family" is not striking my "that looks really good" bone, so it may come off. But, not too shabby huh!!! And especially for $2.12 (with tax)!

10 comments:

  1. How do you look at something that doesn't look great and say "I can make it look great?" Way cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cute--I,too, loved to browse our local D.I. and still have a teak bench from there. Amazing what a can of spray paint can do! Are you house shopping then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super impressed! I wish I had the creativity to envision something that cute! Too bad we don't live closer so you could point me in the right direction for crafty cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is completely adorable!!! What a talent, and what a bargain!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get to attached...I Know where you live!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, it looks great. YOu are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! glad I found you. I was wondering what was up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now ya see, I would look at that and say, Yep, you belong in the DI but you can see past the yuck and make it totally CUTE!! I want some of that talent. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, SOoooo Cute! Thanks again for showing me how to make those hair bows!

    ReplyDelete