Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gooey Popcorn Anonymous

We are the Anderson family, and WE are addicted to gooey popcorn. We come to this meeting tonight to share our secret only. We have no intentions or desire to change our addiction at this time. The first step is recognizing that we have a problem. WE have a problem. We like gooey popcorn. The way it smells when the popcorn is popping and anticipating it with every sound of kernels popping. The drizzling of the gooey yumminess over the freshly popped corn. Taking that first bite knowing that it is much too hot to eat yet but not wanting to wait. And the best part...the licking of the fingers.

We have a problem, but, we don't want to change...YET! Maybe one more bag won't hurt..........

Gooey Popcorn

1 bag microwave popcorn, popped (we like the butter kind...adds a little salty with the sweet)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup karo syrup
2 handfuls of brown sugar......(I know!)

Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in corn syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Once at a boil, let boil 1 minute. Pour over popped bag of popcorn. SECRET: Pop popcorn, place in a bowl, then...using your hands....transfer popcorn to another bowl...it will leave the stubborn kernels at the bottom so you don't break a tooth.

Enjoy! Maybe we will see YOU at the next Gooey Popcorn's Anonymous!

9 comments:

  1. sounds yummy! I'll have to try it. Maybe I shouldn't though if it is that addicting...LOL! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your sence of humor, Mandi! We love gooey popcorn, too. Our recipe is a little different...but it's all the same in the end...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it sounds yummy! We will try it, and probably see you at the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to invite myself over for dinner and dessert at your house...you could teach me a thing or two...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I just found your blog through U Create (I think?)... anyway - so cute! And OMG the gooey popcorn sounds like something I need to make ASAP. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so good! I've never tried brown sugar on popcorn-yum! I just came over via the Ucreate bucket link. What a fantastic project! I'd love to link to that post if you didn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Mandie! I saw you featured on U Create! That's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandie, I made this tonight. Yummm is right. So quick and easy. We will be making this again!

    ReplyDelete