Monday, January 11, 2010

cleaning, a bit at a time

i am finally winding down for the holiday rush and chaos and slowly starting to feel bored and unproductive.

what to do?

projects.....yes, projects....too many to decide from....the ones i really want to do, still need to earn the moolah for (budget recovering from the "christmas crash"). rats!

now what?

exercise. yes, exercise. that makes me feel better....but can't do that ALL day!

cleaning? yes, cleaning...i told you i was bored. i consider myself a clean person and i consider my house to be in order most of the time. it isn't that we don't make messes, i am just paranoid about cleaning. but, i noticed the other day that my house needs deep cleaning. overwhelming! yes....overwhelming! not anymore. i decided that i would do one thing everyday...well of course i still have to do the usual chores...i am talking only one thing to deep clean. so, here it goes. join me if you would like:

monday: closets (kids' old clothes and toys...D.I.)
wow, i now have tons of hangers!

tuesday: sweep and mop all bathroom floors

wednesday: scour all bathrooms

thursday: wipe down all doors
(you'll be surprised how dirty they are if you look close)

friday: wipe down all outlets and switches

saturday: wipe down all baseboards

sunday: enjoy the sweet lemony scent of your cleaner home!

next monday: clean all inside windows and window sills.


...ummm, that is as far as i have decided yet. no, that is not all that needs to be done. just don't want to overwhelm the cleaning part of my brain. it can get overloaded and have a tendency to crash....then, nothing gets done!! been there, done that...don't like it!

1 comment:

  1. We are so much alike it almost makes me sick... ha ha!! So I don't know if I've ever told you about my "fly lady" cleaning schedule. I need to show you what I've done for like the last 1 1/2. It gives you things to do daily, so you don't feel overwhelmed and then you de-clutter something in your home one time per month. It's awesome, I need to show ya, you or can probably good "fly lady cleaning schedule" and look at all the stuff she has. Miss you and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete