Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home Tour: Kitchen

I went from small cabinets, no pantry, and no counter space to this.....

Yup, I am definitely in heaven. And guess what...I actually LOVE cooking. Shocked? I know, me too!



Welcome back toaster oven!
(when we moved into our last place...no counter space for him).
Missed you!


Notice the peaches on the counter. Freshly picked from a friends tree. Sniff....sigh...my kitchen smells like peaches! Yum!



Didn't think I would like the glass cabinet because I didn't have anything nice to put in it. I just kept unpacking and realized I DID have stuff...just never had them out at old place...small cabinets, remember!



New kitchen table (has leaf and more chairs)
We have a LOVE/HATE relationship! Love it and the color...but, can't keep the bugger clean...or can't keep the kiddos' fingers clean...hhmmm...either way...table gets dirty...a LOT!
Hallway to front door...which I LOVE...the door...not the hallway with the NASTY...excuse me while I gag...okay, that is better...the nasty rock wall!


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the center island. It has drawers and cupboards all the way around it. Want to know a secret.....! Sshh...whispering...some of them are empty! I know, I can't believe it either!


You may recognize most of my decor:






And new to the kitchen:
Had no where to put or hang...bought heavy duty magnets and wha-lah!


Got my little artichoke friend at Fred Meyer's for $3 on clearance. Husband thinks I'm crazy...may be why I love it so much!


In the hallway! Got frame on clearance for $5 because it is cracked on bottom. Worth it!...adds character!


And finally, what you can find in our kitchen right now:
Gotta love the B1G1 free coupons.
Makes the best toast!

7 comments:

  1. What a great kitchen! Can I come over for some toast? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how much you love to cook when you have the space to do so. We went from a tiny one bedroom apt to a 3 bedroom house with a decent sized kitchen and wha la! Cooking is so much more fun and I actually have room to do canning! Congrats on your new home. It really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I love reading your posts!!! I am also very jealous. Your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey i'm a friend of Jessyka's, i love your new house you have great taste. About loving cooking in the kithen, that will fade love. LOL I love the splashes of teal in your decor i think the bird cage would be so cute that color-not to say i don't like the white, i have one in white too. And i have to say im jealous i didnt think to paint it first jk

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i said love 57 times, i didnt graduate from college

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where on Earth did you find those cannisters??? I think I NEED some!

    ReplyDelete