Saturday, August 8, 2009

Oregon Coast

We have been anticipating our closing day for quite some time. We show up to signing and due to a few circumstances, we postponed our close date a few days. My parents were already on there way up to help us move when I made the phone call telling them we weren't closing for a few more days. "Then let's go somewhere," my dad says. So, we hopped in his truck and started driving...ending up in Oregon.

We went to the Evergreen International Air and Space Museums. The kids liked the "space park" the best.

Yes, that is me in the background. Funny thing about this picture...I am not posing...I am STUCK! No laughing...the slide was narrow...sort of...maybe....you'll never really know....


Jaxon LOVED the shuttle ride the best! The nice lady drove us around the outside of the museums so the kids could have a ride.



We made it to the coast. Funny thing is we were dressed in shorts and t-shirts...and it was a cool 63 degrees. We still had fun running on the beach, watching the kites, picking up sea shells and climbing on the rocks.


We also made it to the land mark below:

...and hiked to the falls


Aren't they cute...especially when they get along!

Truth: I made them hold hands so I could get a picture!



BONUS: I hiked (rather crawled & bawled) up to the top of the falls...a whopping 1.2 miles. No big deal right...whatever....1.2 miles of steep mountain terrain that hated my flip flops!

5 comments:

  1. Must say that I love the static hair of yours when you are "stuck on the slide"!!!! I'm so glad you finally got in your house and can't wait to come and see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so in huge trouble that you drove right by our house and didn't even tell me you were in town! We so would've loved a visit! Good luck with the closing--that is so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Philipp and I went to Multnomah falls right before we got engaged. It's gorgeous!! I am glad you finally got in your house and I am excited to see how cute you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave woman! I live 15 min from Mult Falls. :)

    www.xanga.com/crafttealady

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! IT's always nice to get ways.. Glad all is well and you got into the new house!! Love ya Tell Con thanks for the call ...

    ReplyDelete