Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm "board"...and feeling "corky"!

We are finally moved in. The last few boxes have been unpacked. Decorations have been placed and hung. And, I have been scrubbing kitchens, walls, and bathrooms for countless days...wanting to feel like we are in our OWN dirt and grime.

Whew...time to relax.

Nope! Been super busy with my photography.

Going crazy. Need a break. Bored of usual routine.

I know....

...time to craft!

Been wanting to make this for a while:

I {HATE} clutter...especially on our computer desk. Because of my anti-clutter OCD, I often misplace important documents and bills...whoops! You know...you put it somewhere you know you will NEVER forget where you put it. Yup, that is me...ALOT!

So, when I was at Target the other day, they had this board on sale for $7.59. Had to get it.

Disclaimer: I have looked and hunted at multiple thrift stores for one....no luck!


I then went to my new favorite place to get fabric: the new JoAnn's in Boise...heaven! Spent $7.05 (forgot my coupon...rats!).


I wanted the frame black...so I sanded and then painted. I could have saved myself this step and just bought a black one...but they were 3 times as much money for the size I wanted. Plus, the craft is more fun the cheaper you can do it...right!


I didn't worry about the edges because I knew I was covering it with fabric.



Using a hot glue gun, I glued the fabric down (obviously, first cutting it to the right size). Didn't like the raw edges showing...


....so I added ribbon as a boarder!


And whah-lah! Perfect in our office! I definitely won't lose the car registration stickers this time!

4 comments:

  1. So fun to move in and get things just so. It does take time, so be sure to stop and smell the roses! Popped into your photography blog~cool! You Campbell girls are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Mandie, if you're all moved in, I want to see pictures of your house! Give me a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i might get enough nerve to try that one.. HAHA Glad you are all moved in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO cute! And yes, time to show off your MANSION! :-) Thanks for letting us pop in on you.

    ReplyDelete