Friday, March 20, 2009

Hey, I can do that....

I was at my sister's house a few weeks ago, and seen this cute little ball on her table. She said she BOUGHT it somewhere. I picked it up and knew that it was something I could recreate.


So, I went to JoAnn's today (WOW...what a great new store!) and bought this two pack of styrofoam balls. They were $2.99. I had a 50% coupon, so it came to $1.50.


Using paint and supplies I already had, I went to work. First, I painted a base layer of paint with a dark tan.


Then, I cut a corner off of a new dish sponge and sponged dark brown, black, then cream.


I used my cricut machine and cardstock to make a star stencil.


Stenciled stars in burgandy and sage green.


Bought these to accent them (the colored ceramic balls I got at Craft Warehouse today for $1.99 a piece...the wicker plate thing was $6.99).


Placed them together, and wah-lah! I think I paid a total of $13 for the finished product. GREAT!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! Those are totally cute - and you can customize them to your decor, too! :-) How awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very cute on your kitchen table. You are so great at the craft thing. I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH I AM SO JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE THAT CREATIVE AND I AM JUST NOT! I WISH WE LIVED CLOSER SO THAT YOU COULD TEACH ME! LOVE YOU ALL MISS YA TOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrifty...how's that house hunting coming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute...love it...where did you put it in your house???

    ReplyDelete