Sunday, March 1, 2009

Latest craft I've been working on...

I seen this idea on Tip Junkie or Be different Act Normal...I can't remember. I had a bucket lying around and wanted to try it. You turn an ordinary bucket:


Into this:

I just modge podged scrapbook paper on the outside. I am going to sew a liner to match this week. If I remember, I will post pictures when that is finished so you can see the final look.

I want to make a couple of these for each of my kids' rooms for toys, shoes, etc. I got this bucket more than a year ago at D&B Western Supply for around $8. Does anyone know of anywhere else to get them? Possibly cheaper? (This is a new opportunity to be my best friend!)

8 comments:

  1. Cute stuff. You're kids are gonna love filling it with stuff and moving it around. They are great for clean up time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I wish I could tell you where to find one cheaper. D&B would have been my first thought. Big Lots may have some or you could try Michel's with a 40% coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! I always keep my eyes out when I hit Goodwill. I love modge podging. It makes normal manly things lovely and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I might have to copy only with big ones for my laundry room. I wanna get seperate ones for each of us for our cloths when they are clean and folded so putting away cloths is easier. I don't know where else to find them though. I'll keep my eye out for you! How was your trip? Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cute! If you want colored ones I just went to that new baby store in front of kohls and they have cute red, pink, green, blue, and brown buckets kind of like pottery barn but cuter! They have little dots all over them that stick out a bit from the bucket and they are only $10!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way Qt! how was the sister thing? Heard the kids got sick hope they are well miss you all love ya too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Great idea, I will have to make some of my own. That paper is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I start to feel somewhat crafty and then I see you stuff and it is plain that you have a gift and am still developing mine. :) Your bucket looks great.

    ReplyDelete