Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I see dead people".....

Who could ever forget that line from the movie The Sixth Sense. We woke up on Friday morning...not seeing dead people....but definitely seeing our breath (remember it always got cold anytime someone "dead" came around). Hhmm, what does that mean? Our heater....busted! Well, not exactly busted...just a little confused! I think it wanted to go on strike. I can only imagine the conversation between the heater and its little heater brain went like this:

"These people don't even appreciate the work I do for them. All winter long I keep there home at exactly 68 degrees...never lower...rarely higher. On the other hand, Mr. A/C gets tons of acclamations of appreciation. When its hot outside, they indulge in the coolness he provides. I know, maybe I should try becoming Mr. A/C and blow cold air...then we'll see if they appreciate me!"

Moral to this post: Never try and be something your NOT!

2 comments:

  1. Our furnace seems to go on strike regularly, but with a quick slam now & then, it goes right back to work. We have coined the term "Fonzie the Furnace" because on "Happy Days" whenever Fonzie wanted the jukebox to play, he gave it a quick slam. Occasionally you will hear Earl or I holler down to one of the kids downstairs to "Fonzie the furnace". I'm certain that passers-by on the sidewalk think we need to be committed to a padded room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! That's a good moral, LOL, but I'm sorry your heater went out! You're welcome to come over here and crank the heat, LOL - hope it gets fixed soon!!!

    ReplyDelete